MHSAA Pre-Game Medical Minute (For All Sports)
Before each contest, host school game administrator shall discuss medical issues related to the competing teams, venue, and access to medical care.
Pre-Game Management Meeting shall include:
- The head coaches for all competing teams
- The head official
- The game administrator(s)
- The medical staff for both teams, including athletic trainers and sideline physicians when present
Topics to cover:
- Availability of emergency medical services are available, including location, access points to the venue, capabilities, and personnel responsible for initiating their services.
- What medical care is available to each team, and in what situations or areas of the venue they will be responsible for providing care
- Location of the nearest Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and person responsible for obtaining it in the case of emergency
- Special heat issues relevant to the venue, season, and weather such as presence of lightning detectors, heat timeouts, etc.
- Any other topic as determined by the game administrator or medical staffs